Amsterdam Physics and Astronomy Scholarship (APAS)
The Amsterdam Physics and Astronomy Scholarship (APAS) is a scholarship of € 5,000 (for starters in 2020-2021) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (P&A is a two year programme). This scholarship is for students in the joint degree Master's in Physics and Astronomy only. There are six scholarships available in 2020-2021, one for each track.
Candidates wishing to apply for an APAS programme should:
- hold a nationality from one of the countries of the EU/EEA (The Netherlands excluded) or Suisse
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the APAS
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes (see the website of your MSc programme for the application and admission procedure)
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA
APAS application deadline
The deadline for application is 1 March.
Selection criteria for the scholarship
In addition to the admission requirements of the Master's programme, eligible candidates are selected on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- The candidate’s academic records. Students belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply. This generally means an overall GPA equivalent to:
- 3.5 (American system, 4-point scale)
- 1st class honours/ upper division (British system)
- 8+ (Dutch EC-system, 10-point scale);
- The academic quality of the educational institute where the (under)graduate degree has been (or will be) obtained;
- The quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words), in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme in a broader context and the relevance of obtaining this scholarship for the candidate’s future academic career;
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- Proof of English proficiency
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: