Hoover Post-doctoral Fellowships in Economic and Social Ethics 2016-17
Hoover Fellowship in the field of economic or social ethics. Applications to be sent no later than February 29, 2016.
It is our pleasure to announce that the following grants will be awarded to scholars wishing to spend part of the academic year 2016-17 at Louvain's Hoover Chair of Economic and Social Ethics (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium):
• two full Hoover fellowships of about EUR 2200 per month (after deduction of social security contributions) for a duration of three months;
• several honorary Hoover fellowships for a duration of one to six months with a contribution to housing and travelling costs of up to EUR 500 per month.
Scholars with an active interest in the main research themes of the Hoover Chair's members are particularly welcome. These themes include theories of social justice, theories of democracy, the potential and limits of corporate social responsibility, basic income and the future of the welfare state, the stigmatization of social categories, the destiny of the European Union, intergenerational justice, linguistic justice, democracy and solidarity in multinational polities, workplace democracy, ethical behaviour under extreme circumstances, social science research ethics, etc. Many of them are illustrated in the essays contained in the volume Arguing about Justice, which can be downloaded free of charge.
* Applications must reach Thérèse Davio by e-mail (email@example.com) no later than 29 February 2016.
They must include
1. a letter (in French or English) stating briefly
- your current research interests, and in particular what you intend working on during your stay;
- your linguistic abilities;
- your preferences as to the length and timing of your stay (between September and May);
- whether you are only interested in a full fellowhip, or also in an honorary fellowship;
- the names, institutions, positions and e-mail addresses of two referees from whom a reference letter could be asked if needed;
2. a detailed Curriculum Vitae.