Translation traineeships for university graduates
These traineeships are awarded only to graduates of universities or equivalent institutions. Their purpose is to enable trainees to supplement the knowledge acquired during their studies and to familiarise themselves with the activities of the European Union and,in particular, the European Parliament.
Applicants for a translation traineeship for university graduates must:
- be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or a candidate country;
- be aged 18 or over on the traineeship start date;
- have obtained, before the deadline for submission of applications, a university degree following a course of study of at least three years' duration;
- have a perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union or the official language of an candidate country and a thorough knowledge of two other official languages of the European Union;
- not have been awarded any other traineeship or have been in paid employment for more than four consecutive weeks at the expense of the European Union budget.
- Translation traineeships for university graduates are awarded for a period of three months. Exceptionally, they may be extended for a maximum period of three months.
Traineeship periods and the corresponding deadlines for applications:
Start of traineeship: 1 January
Application period: 15 June - 15 August (midnight)
Start of traineeship: 1 April
Application period: 15 September -15 November (midnight)
Start of traineeship: 1 July
Application period: 15 December - 15 February (midnight)
Start of traineeship: 1 October
Application period: 15 March - 15 May (midnight)
We advise you not to wait until the last day to apply, as a large number of applications is liable to overload the system.
Translation trainees are assigned to Luxembourg.
By way of indication, in 2016 the scholarship represents EUR 1 252,62 per month.
If you are interested in a translation traineeship for university graduates, please read the Internal Rules Governing Translation Traineeships.
Please note the conditions of admission.
- the application form, duly completed and signed,
- a copy of your passport or identity card,
- copies of your diplomas and certificates,
- a copy of your university results, if you have them.
The supporting documents should not be sent at this stage. You will only be asked to supply them if you pass the preselection stage.
If you are preselected for a traineeship, your application will be deemed valid only if you provide the full set of documents listed above.
If you fulfil the conditions for admission, please complete the online application form.
Please note that if you leave your application form inactive for 30 minutes, the data you have entered will be lost. We therefore advise you to read the Internal Rules Governing Translation Traineeships carefully before filling in the application form.
Once submitted, the application cannot be changed online,and it is completed and submitted in a single operation. A sample form is available (see link below) to help you prepare your application before you submit it online.
NB: You should keep a copy of the number allocated to you when you validate your online application.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: