About the program
Between 2013 and 2018 the International Post-Doc Initiative (IPODI) of the Technische Universität Berlin awards 21+5 two-year fellowships to international female researchers in 3+1 internationally open calls. IPODI is part of an initiative (Wissenschaftlerinnen an die Spitze) that aims at increasing the number of women in leadership positions. IPODI addresses outstanding female researchers regardless of their nationality or age and is open to applications from all fields of research represented at the TU Berlin.
IPODI has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 600209 (Marie Curie Co-funding of Regional, National, and International Programmes). Due to the great success of the programme an additional fourth call for applications was published in October 2016.
In order to enter the selection process applications have to meet the following criteria:
The applicant has at least two and not more than ten years of research experience after obtaining her doctoral degree (PhD or equivalent), in exceptional cases an extension of up to three years is possible.
The applicant did not reside or carry out her main activity in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the call deadline (Marie Curie Mobility Rule).
The research proposal fits into one of the fields of research represented in one of the TU Berlin’s seven faculties and is supported by a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin.
IPODI Fellows will receive
- A two-year employment contract with salaries equal to those of the Marie Curie Programme for experienced researchers, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage (salary comparable to E 13/E 14 TV-L),
- A yearly travel allowance depending on the researcher’s location of origin,
- A contribution to research costs of EUR 4,800 per fellowship,
- The opportunity for professional training in transferable skills and research management.
Conditions for application
- Applicants must have at least two and not more than ten years of research experience after obtaining their doctoral degree, in exceptional cases an extension of up to three years is possible,
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the call deadline,
- The research proposal has to be supported by a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin.
Required documents include
- An innovative and independent research proposal and a time plan demonstrating how the proposed objectives are to be achieved,
- A letter of motivation detailing career perspectives and motivation to apply for IPODI,
- A completed ethical issues table,
- A letter of support of a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin,
- Two external letters of reference.
Researchers returning from periods of international mobility (researching outside Germany), intersectoral mobility (working in the private sector) or non-academic mobility (e.g. after parental leave) are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information click "further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: