The Hub Award
The Hub Award brings researchers and creative professionals together at Wellcome Collection to work as a collaborative residency.
Who can apply
Groups of four to six people can apply for The Hub Award.
Your proposed project should:
- bring together people from different professional backgrounds, such as health, the arts and academia
- be innovative and experimental
- fit with Wellcome Trust's strategy.
One member of your group should lead the project. This person will need to spend at least half their time on the project. All members of the group should have a good track record in their area of expertise. Successful applicants for the next Hub Award must start their residency between October 2018 and January 2019.
What we're looking for
We encourage applications from a group that will:
- explore health in its cultural and social contexts
- develop a programme of public engagement
- create work that is original and impactful
- produce new insights, forms of engagement, methodologies or interventions.
You'll need to be able to explain:
- how being based at Wellcome Collection will benefit your project
- how the different members of your group will contribute to the project
- your proposed activities and outcomes (eg publications, creative works and public events).
What we offer
A Hub Award is for up to £1 million, and can last up to two years. You should be able to justify the amount and duration of funding that you ask for. The award offers a specially designed, flexible space at Wellcome Collection, including quiet spaces, meeting and seminar rooms, and access to a recording studio.
The award can be used for a range of activities and research costs, including:
- salary costs for your group
- salary costs for collaborators and administrative staff, such as project co-ordinators, extra researchers and resident artists
- project expenses, such as equipment, materials, travel, events and public engagement activities.
Your group will be able to contribute to Wellcome Collection's public events and exchange ideas and expertise with our staff.
Stages of application
Before you apply
You can find out more about The Hub and our current award holders on the Wellcome Collection website.
Submit your preliminary application
You must submit your preliminary application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker.
Review and shortlisting
A panel of Wellcome Trust staff will assess your preliminary application. If it's successful, you'll be invited to submit a full application.
Submit your full application
View the Sample full application form for The Hub Award on the official website.
The Hub Selection Panel will interview shortlisted groups at the Wellcome Trust offices in London.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: