The CEMS Master's in International Management (CEMS MIM) is a master’s programme in the field of business and management, which is delivered by 29 leading universities from around the world in cooperation with more than 70 multinational corporations and four social partners. In Cologne the CEMS MIM is offered as part of the 2-year MSc in International Management.
An international focus and strong links with industry and business set the programme apart from others. Alongside internationally aligned courses, Skill Seminars and Business Projects, it includes an internship abroad and a term at a CEMS partner institution in another country. In addition to being the most international management programme on the market, it is the starting point for lifelong professional and personal networks.
The quality of CEMS MIM is underscored by its excellent results in the Financial Times Master’s in Management Ranking, which rates the professional success of graduates. The MIM programme has continually held one of the Top 10 places since the ranking was introduced in 2005.
The University of Cologne does not charge any tuition fee for the CEMS MIM.
Students selected for the programme must pay a student registration and handling fee of €100 to CEMS. This fee is due in January and payable directly to CEMS. Students will receive further instructions about the payment method once accepted on the programme.
All students accepted on the CEMS MIM at the University of Cologne must pay a social contribution fee of the University of Cologne of approximately €240 each term.
Please note there will be other expenses related to the programme in addition to enrolment fees and general living costs. These additional expenses vary and the total amount of the extra costs for the CEMS programme elements can be up to €900. These expenses may include:
- Study materials such as books and business cases
- Costs involved in compulsory programme elements such as the CEMS Block Seminar, the Global Responsible Leadership Seminar and language training
- Insurance coverage
Please take a look at the information on living costs in Cologne.
- BSc or equivalent degree in Business Administration or Economics with strong proficiency in Business Administration, Economics and quantitative methods (to apply for this programme, a minimum of 72 ECTS within the broader field of business administration, management studies and economics is mandatory. Of these credits, at least 48 ECTS need to be specific to the field of business administration and/or management studies and at least another 16 ECTS need to be specific to the field of economics. Furthermore, a minimum of 10 ECTS in the field of mathematics and/or statistics are required)
- Bachelor final grade equivalent at least to 2,7 (German grading system)
- English at level C1 (CEF) or equivalent
- Proficiency in an additional language (B2 level) which can be the mother tongue or any other additional language.
- Academic achievements (BSc grade)
- Test score (GMAT, GRE or English TM-WiSo )
- Language skills
Applicants who are shortlisted after their written application has been assessed will be invited to Cologne for a selection interview, which will take place at the end of June or early July. During the interview, the applicants will be evaluated on their motivation, their extracurricular activities (both at university and elsewhere) as well as on their work and international experience.
The Admission Board will communicate its decision no later than the end of July. Enrolment is generally in late August/September.
- CEMS Common Application Form
- CV in English (with a passport photo)
- Motivation Letter (in English)
- Proof of valid admission test (GMAT, GRE or TM-WiSo in English)
Proof of sufficient language skills in English. The following English tests are accepted:
IELTS (7.0 or higher), (current) TOEFL (iBT100 or higher), CAE ('A', 'B'), BEC Higher ( 'A', 'B') or CPE ('A', 'B', 'C')
Bachelor Degree totally taught in English (only if issued in an English-speaking country or from a CEMS member university or an EQUIS/AACSB accredited university).
- Declaration of CEMS languages
- Copy of bachelor degree certificate
- Copy of school-leaving certificate
- Certificates for all internships, education and employment listed in the CV and to be considered in the assessment of the application.
- For all volunteer and extracurricular activities listed in the application, you need to provide a contact person (with email address and phone number) and a website address.
All documents must be provided in either German or English and submitted on the application portal before 15 May. An authorised translation into either German or English must be attached to any documents in other languages. We may need to ask for further documentation at a later stage of the application.
Applicants with a (bachelor) degree acquired abroad must also apply via uni-assist.
Detailed information about the admission procedure, admission deadlines and required documents are provided on the application website.