Techniques to Modern Procurement and Supply Chain Management
4 May-1 June, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
This training course is designed for people involved or interested in procurement processes. The course covers the latest skills for managing of the procurement cycle; complying with the newest procurement requirements, regulations and challenges; using the most appropriate procurement techniques; drafting RFIs, RFQs and RFPs; vendor searching techniques; analyzing costs to ensure best value for your organization; monitoring contractor performance; and overall enhancement of your professional skills in this important business responsibility. Logistics, transportation and safe delivery topics are also covered. Issues related to the modern procurement challenges such as e-Procurement, Green Procurement, Negotiations, Business Communication, Responsible and Operational Procurement, Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) to be covered. An emphasis will be given to the New Law on procurement, which will be effective from April 25, 2017. The training is designed to take 16 hours; it includes video materials, case studies, debates, quizzes, role play and teamwork. The language of instruction is English.
- Develop articulate, conscientious professionals in their respective specialization able to address workplace challenges.
- Provide students with a practical foundation of knowledge and skills and cultivate a commitment to continuous improvement of professional skills.
- To attain the knowledge and develop the skills necessary for improvement of procurement policy in the entity.
- To learn how to identify the key components of Procurement strategy and develop plans for vendor sourcing.
Who this course is for: The intended audience includes procurement specialists, project managers and professionals who deal with procurement on daily basis.
Start Date: May 4
End Date: June 1
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7 -9 PM
Fee: AMD 44,000
About the instructor: Hakob Mnatsakanyan has been working in Procurement and Logistics sphere from 2005. Hakob holds a M.Sc. degree in Economics & Management, EU Mediterranean Agronomic Institute branch located in Greece and a B.Sc. in Economics & finance from the Athens University of Economics & Business. Currently he is working as a Branch Director of US based IT Company. Hakob is a Licensed Procurement Coordinator (granted by the Ministry of Finance of Armenia in April 2014). Hakob was Subcontractors/Procurement/Logistics Manager at “Parsons Government Services International Armenian Branch” (www.parsons.com) and has successfully performed USAID based project in Armenia.
Hakob has extensive experience in all aspects of procurement and contract management. Mr. Mnatsakanyan is also trained by Ernst & Young in Internal Control and Procurement Contract Management.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.