Taylor’s Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 2 scholarships of £5,000 for Malaysian students at Taylor’s College applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2016.
These are joint awards with our partner, University Placement Services, Taylor’s International Alliance Network (TIAN), and will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2016/17.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £5,000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2016.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for any full time undergraduate programme, other than Medicine and Surgery MBChB and programmes in the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, starting September 2016. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham.
- Be completing their studies at Taylor’s College in 2015/16
- Be on track to meet or exceed the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Malaysia domiciled and a Malaysian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee payment. Should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2016, the scholarship award may not be deferred. Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives - University Placement Services, TIAN.
- To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with - University Placement Services, TIAN by Friday, 17 June 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with one of our representatives.
Selection for the award will be based on academic performance and the students who are deemed the highest performers in A-Level, CPU, IB or SAM programmes. Students will be shortlisted for interviews which are to be held on Tuesday, 26 July 2016 (TBC) in Kuala Lumpur. The scholarships will be announced shortly after interview.
The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2016. Students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham are not eligible for the award.
For further information please contact our local representatives:
- University Placement Services, Taylor’s College Subang Jaya, No 1, Jalan SS15/8, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
Tel: 03 5636 2641
- University Placement Services, Taylor’s College Sri Hartamas Campus, No 62, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1, Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 6203 0168
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: