About the Programe
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at UK universities.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue one-year Master’s degrees in any subject and at any UK university. Our alumni number over 43,000 successful individuals worldwide and in 2015/2016 alone the programme will support more than 1,500 scholars.
Are you a future leader? Do you want to study in the UK? If you would like to enhance your leadership skills and become part of the growing Chevening network, make sure you apply.
How do I apply?
Applications are usually open between August and November each year and are submitted online exclusively through the Chevening website. They are password protected and accessible throughout the application period.
Separately, you must also apply for university courses starting the following September/October 2016. We recommend that you do this before or at the same time as applying for a Chevening Scholarship.
What are the main stages of selection?
- Submit your online application before the deadline.
- A panel of experts in the UK assess applications.
- Successful applications pass to another review panel at your local British diplomatic mission.
- You are informed of the outcome and whether you are invited to an interview.
- Interviews take place globally between February and April.
How can I prepare for the application period?
- Use our course finder to browse Master's degrees in the UK.
- Prepare to apply to your preferred university courses.
- Sign up for alerts about the application period.
- Read our frequently asked questions.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for regular updates.