The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
Estimated cost of living in Singapore
|Items||Per Student Per Month (SGD)|
- University Canteens
- Meals outside Campus
250 - 350
450 - 600
|Accommodation (based on single room)
- On Campus1
- Off Campus
400 - 700
600 - 1000
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 - 150|
|Other Expenses (stationery, toiletries, laundry, recreation, etc)||400 - 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 - 2,000|
1Priority for on campus accommodation is usually given to first year students.
You may also use the Cost of Living Calculator to estimate your monthly living expenses in Singapore.
- Identity card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- Bachelor’s Academic Transcripts (in English translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate / Scroll (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- Master’s Academic Transcripts, if any (in English translation)
- Master’s Degree Certificate / Scroll, if any (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees)
Not compulsory but good to include (if available):
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results
- Please note that you are NOT required to mail the hard copies of the abovementioned documents to the SINGA Office. The SINGA Office shall not be responsible for any loss of documents.
- Please note that you are strongly advised to submit your application as early as possible, so as to provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports in the portal before the application deadline. Only applications with 2 recommendation reports submitted before the above stipulated application deadline will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified within 10 weeks from the application closing date.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: