The call for applications to SIMP Asia is now open and will close 24 October 2016.
Who can apply to SIMP Asia?
To apply to SIMP Asia you have to:
- Be in a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector with a minimum of five years of managerial experience
- Be in a position to drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategies for your organisation
- Be interested in learning more about Corporate Responsibility as a tool for good management
- Be between 25-45 years old.
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Be a citizen of China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam
- Please note that we will not be able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
How do we select our participants?
The Swedish Institute will appoint a selection committee consisting of staff from the Swedish Institute as well as representatives from partner organisations and experts in the area of responsible business. The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the SIMP Asia application form.
- An assessment of the CV.
- An assessment of the letter of recommendation from one reference person.
- The general qualifications of the applicant.
The Swedish Institute will make its decision taking into account the recommendations of the selection committee as well as the candidates’ general suitability for the programme. As far as possible, the Swedish Institute will ensure that there is an even distribution of candidates from the different countries. However, it is worth noting that we are striving for as much diversity as possible in the group in order to maximise the exchange of experience between the participants, thus it is possible that the actual distribution of candidates from each country may differ slightly.
Out of all applicants, a number of shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews will be conducted through Skype. The Swedish Institute will then contact 30 selected applicants by e-mail and offer them a place in the SIMP Asia 2017. The selected applicants must within a week confirm their participation in all the activities included in SIMP Asia 2017 by providing a Letter of Consent from their employer which guarantees the applicants ability to be relieved from work for the programme periods.
Please note that the programme is intense with full day schedules and many evening activities. All selected participants will have to commit to participate in all activities in both modules.