Contract Negotiation, Preparation and Ratification
This course is an introduction to the process of negotiating, drafting and ratifying different kinds of contracts through practical advice and approaches. Participants will have a real opportunity to experience the process of negotiation, to gain understanding of international commercial contracts, and to gain skills important for drafting contracts and protection of client interests, in the event of disputes arising from a commercial contract. The course will examine case studies in the context of Armenia.
After taking this course you will:
- Gain a full understanding of the contract negotiation process: what the required knowledge, skills and capabilities are
- Understand the importance of lawyer-client agreement
- Have a command of the roles and responsibilities of lawyers, including the use of standard and non-standard contract types, identification of unique client needs and requirements, etc.
- Master the differences in contract language and ratification process (in person; by mail; and by fax; use of different languages; differences among conventions; obligations of parties; terms of payment; force majeure; disputes between parties; and other useful tips)
- Draft contracts by using “Incoterms”
- Become proficient in providing for “Arbitration” arrangements, the differences between commercial arbitration courts and national courts.
- Draw up or order “Legal opinion”
Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.