Sheffield Hallam University Kapila Hingorani Postgraduate Scholarship
The Kapila Hingorani Postgraduate Scholarship is exclusively for India domiciled students who will study LLM/MA Advanced Human Rights in September 2016.
What is the Kapila Hingorani Postgraduate scholarship?
The Department of Law and Criminology at Sheffield Hallam University is offering a full fee scholarship for LLM/MA Advanced Human Rights to students domiciled in India.
Who was Kapila Hingorani?
Kapila Hingorani was a prominent Indian human rights lawyer. She is well-known in India as the leading advocate in the pro-bono fight for the underprivileged. Her daughter, Priya, is the vice president of the Supreme Court Bar Association in India and has conducted public interest cases on behalf of disadvantaged sections of society and on socio-legal issues. Priya contacted Sheffield Hallam about launching a scholarship in memory of Kapila. The Department of Law and Criminology agreed to launch the Kapila Hingorani Postgraduate Scholarships.
How do I apply?
To apply for a Kapila Hingorani Postgraduate Scholarship, please follow these steps
- Check you meet you the scholarship eligibility criteria listed below
- Apply for the LLM/MA Applied Human Rights course at Sheffield Hallam
- When you have received an offer from Sheffield Hallam, complete the scholarship application form and return the scholarship application form with transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st may 2016.
- A panel from the Department of Law and Criminology will review the scholarship applications
- You will be notified if you have been successful approximately one month after the deadline
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must
- be domiciled in India
- be self-funding your studies
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips
- hold an offer for the LLM/MA Applied Human Rights course.
What happens if I am successful?
Your offer letter will be updated to reflect your scholarship award. After enrolment, you will be invited to a scholarship ceremony to celebrate your achievement. You will also be expected to represent Sheffield Hallam University through various activities during the academic year and after graduation.
What happens if I am not successful?
You could be eligible for an automatic discount of at least £1,000.
Please remember you can apply for more than one scholarship. Please visit our scholarships web page for the full list of scholarships available.
For more information
You can contact our office in Delhi on email@example.com
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: