School of Business and Economics Scholarship, Maastricht University
The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) offers one scholarship for its three-year bachelor’s programmes to talented students from international schools with the interest to expand their global education. The scholarship is available to students with (only) a non-EU/EEA nationality.
If you wish to apply for the SBE International School Scholarship, there are several requirements.
- Be accepted to a SBE bachelor’s programme - http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/show/id=105902/langid=42
- BSc International Business: admission through the decentralised selection procedure - http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Faculties/SBE/TargetGroup/ProspectiveStudents/BachelorsProgrammes/Programmes/InternationalBusiness/Admissions/LimitedPlacesdecentralisedSelection1.htm
- BSc Economics and Business Economics: admission through the decentralised selection procedure - http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Faculties/SBE/TargetGroup/ProspectiveStudents/BachelorsProgrammes/Programmes/EconomicsAndBusinessEconomics2/Admissions/LimitedPlacesnumerusFixus.htm
- BSc Econometrics and Operations Research: admission through the regular admission procedure - http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Faculties/SBE/TargetGroup/Education/Bachelor/ApplicationAdmissionsRegistration.htm
- Not be older than 35 years at the start of the academic year (1 September 2016);
- Have an overall GPA of at least 70%;
- Obtain your secondary school diploma at a Council of International Schools member international school - http://www.cois.org/. Please note: only students from a CIS accredited school can apply, check the following link - https://www.cois.org/page.cfm?p=1884 to find out if your school is enlisted.
The amount of the scholarship is € 11,500 per academic year. The scholarship is renewable every year for the duration of the bachelor’s programme on the express condition that scholarship awarded students:
- Fulfill all study requirements within given time;
- Maintain an overall GPA of at least 75% each year;
- Assist, on average, 4 hours per month in student recruitment activities.
Each scholarship recipient at SBE is assigned an academic advisor with whom they are required to meet regularly to monitor their academic progress.
SBE International School Scholarships (non EU/EEA student)
|Type of cost||Amount||Cost unit|
|Allowance||€ 900||One-time only|
|Health and liability insurance||€ 500||Arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Visa costs||€ 304||Arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Tuition fee waiver||€ 8,500||Paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Refund of travel expenses||€ 1,000||One-time only|
Application and Selection
Please download the application form here - https://armacad.info/images/announcements/2015/02/SBE_CIS_non-EU_form.pdf
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must fill out the application form. Scholarship applications including motivation must be sent via e-mail to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org: for applicants for International Business
- email@example.com: for applicants for Economics and Business Economics
- firstname.lastname@example.org: for applicants for Econometrics and Operations Research
The deadline for application is 1 May 2016. Please note: if you wish to apply for the SBE International School Scholarship for the BSc Econometrics and Operations Research or Fiscal Economics programme, your application deadline for the programme is also 1 May 2016. This differs from the regular deadline for this programme.
For questions concerning your scholarship application, please contact Ms. Simone Franssen via email@example.com.
The SBE Admissions department will rank the scholarship applicants. The SBE Scholarship Committee will make the final decision. Applicants will be informed about the decision in writing around mid-June.
In making its assessment, the SBE Scholarship Committee takes all elements of the application into account, including the level of previous study programmes, the status of the foreign institution, average grades and motivation.
Scholarship terms and conditions - http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/file?uuid=58015828-7ead-42e7-b9fb-db929849e84d&owner=120e48a8-9d16-4ea2-bb3d-c7fa0824758c&contentid=815786
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: