Scholarship for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates
2) accident and health insurance: if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
3) The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
4) Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
- Formal check (through the OeAD-GmbH)
- Necessity of the research stay in Austria in regard to the further process of the thesis.
- What are the plans for the research stay in the framework of the scholarship?
- How will the Project be carried out? Which scientific methods will you apply?
- What are the main objectives of your research stay in Austria?
- Which steps have you planned in order to achieve these objectives (research in archives, interviews, . . .)?
- Have you already completed preparatory work to achieve these objectives (if yes, which ones)?
- Where do you plan to carry out your project (library, archive, institute . . .)?
- academic background (since when are you already studying, which grades have you achieved) and list of publications or documents in regard to your artistic work so far.
- plausibility of the Application.
An award is only possible once per category, a renewal is not possible.
Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive).
As for article 1 of the Austrian Data Protection Act, BGBl. Nr. 165/1999 in the present version, the applicant is aware of the fact and fully agrees that personal data contained in the application and its enclosures may be forwarded to the authority processing the scholarship, the contracting parties, the Austrian Foreign Ministry and other granting authorities for statistical purposes and in order to ensure that the application can be processed properly.
Applications that are incomplete at the time of submission or do not meet the requirements cannot be taken into consideration! If a scholarship is awarded due to incorrect data or if there is a case of double financing, the full scholarship has to be paid back.
Short-term grants (1 to 3 months) have a priority in the period from January to June. In other cases problems can arise as regards accommodation. When applying for a short-term grant therefore consideration should be given to applying primarily for the period of January to June.