M.Sc. in Economics of Money, Credit and Finance
The Programme is a one-year full-time M.Sc. degree, that provides a unique combination of training in advanced economic theory and finance alike. Specifically, it focuses on the key areas of advanced economics, quantitative methods, finance and banking theory.
The M.Sc. will provide you with a comprehensive foundation in economics and finance. After attending, you will be able to address problems in finance and banking by also using your knowledge of economic theory to gain additional insights. Moreover, a rigorous training in econometrics will allow you to make sound empirical investigations.
Students must acquire 60 ECTS to complete the program. After, preliminary non-compusory courses (Math, Statistics, and English), a well-balanced study track builds strong quantitative skills coupled with a sound knowledge of advanced economics and finance. The first part of courses is dedicated to the foundations of economics, finance, and quantitative methods (e.g., business cycle theories, basic econometrics, and asset theory). The second one focuses on more applied issues in economics and finance (e.g., applications in financial econometrics, evaluation of the financial and credit risk, asset pricing, banking and financial – market regulation). A stage at the end of the study program represents a unique opportunity to get in touch with the financial sector and public institutions and to translate into practice the study program insights.
A payment of tuition fees on an annual basis is required. The amount of fees is 5.000 euro (paid in two installments, 2.500 euro each). Fees are all designed to provide funding to the department, allocated to assist the research project, and therefore to assist the student in their studies.
Application procedure: Two-step procedure (Italian students should look at the application page in Italian)
- Pre application and selection (anytime)
- Formal application (between October and December 2017) and enrollment (after December 2017)
Step 1: Pre application and selection (anytime)
Applicant should send at email@example.com (and firstname.lastname@example.org) the following documents
- A motivation letter, stating reasons why the candidate would like to participate in the program and how the degree can help meet their personal and profession aspirations
- A detailed CV, in English or Italian, including a list of academic courses and professional experiences
- A list of all courses completed and grades received
Candidates will be then selected based on the following criteria:
- Individual merit: the quality and coherence of their university career as shown by the exams taken, CV, and motivation letter
- Background: the candidate’s academic and professional experiences
- In some cases, an in-person or videoconference interview may be required
Step 2: Application and enrollment (October-December)
- Between October and December, candidates are requested to apply formally (pre-selected candidates will be advised by the Master staff)
- Applicants are requested to hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from a non-Italian university. For foreign degree, the student is expected to produce a Statement of Equivalent Value (SEV; Italian: “Dichiarazione di valore in loco”) in a timely fashion. This document can be requested at the Consulate of the Italian Republic closest to their place of residence.
Further information for students wishing to enroll in the Master can be obtained writing to Prof. Stefano Papa (email@example.com).
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.