These travel grants, generously funded by our partners Santander Universities, are to help fund research related activities overseas. Open to undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students, funds may be applied for to support field work activities and research dissemination (ie. presenting at conferences or attending workships etc).
The maximum award amount is £1000.
The award covers travel costs, such as international transportation (eg. flights, trains), accommodation and related participation fees (eg. conference fees, registration fees). The award would not cover equipment or daily subsistence.
Up to £1,000
|Eligibility:||Santander Travel Grants are open to undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students studying at the University of Westminster during the 2015/2016 academic year. Travel must take place during the 2015/2016 or 2016/2017 academic year. Students who have previously received a Santander Travel Grant are not eligible to apply.|
|Criteria:||Make a strong case that the travel will benefit you either academically or in your career. Proof of costs must be provided. Financial need. Your intended travel must also have academic approval.|
|Deadline:||24 June 2016|
How do I choose which scholarship/s to apply for?
Generally, we offer four different types of scholarships for international undergraduate and postgraduate students:
- Full scholarships (which provide for tuition fee costs, living expenses, accommodation and flights to and from the UK)
- Full tuition fee award scholarships (100% tuition fee award only)
- Half tuition fee award scholarships (50% tuition fee award only)
- Part tuition fee award scholarships (up to 50% tuition fee award only)
International undergraduate and postgraduate students can apply for a maximum of two types of scholarship.
UK/EU undergraduate students may apply for as many UK/EU undergraduate scholarships as they wish.
As a general rule of thumb for all applicants, the higher the value of the scholarship the more competitive the application process is. You are therefore advised to choose carefully which scholarship/s you apply for based on whether you meet the eligibility criteria and your true level of financial need.
You will only be considered for the scholarships you express an interest at the time of application so think carefully before you apply.
What documentation do I need to apply?
As well as completing the relevant Scholarship application form, you will need to provide the following supporting documentation:
- A copy of the letter/email from the University of Westminster confirming your conditional or unconditional offer of a place on your chosen course.
- An official copy of your transcript from your most recent/current academic study.
- A reference letter written specifically in support of your scholarship application. This should be written by a previous tutor, professor, academic or employer (where relevant to your chosen degree course) and cannot be the same reference provided as part of your admission application.
Please note that certified translations of any supporting documents written in languages other than English must be provided. Also, please do not send your own personal copies or originals of documents as we are unable to return these to you.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: