SAgE Doctoral Training Awards, The Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering
The Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering is now inviting applications from outstanding UK/EU and International students for our 2016 Doctoral Training Awards.
We have at least 27 funded Doctoral Training Awards available for 2016 entry. Each award:
- is worth £18,500 per year
- will contribute towards PhD tuition fees and living costs (and cover these costs in full for UK/EU students)
- is available for a maximum of four years
- has a total value of £74,000
If successful, you will be funded to work alongside other researchers on a PhD research project in one of our 11 strategic research themes.
These themes are:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cloud Computing for Big Data
- Earth Systems Engineering and Science
- Enabling Science and Technology
- Food Security and Ecology
- Human-Computer Interaction and Ubiquitous Computing
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Synthetic Biology
How to apply
Application is simple. Find the DTA project that interests you and apply for it via the on-line admissions portal. You must quote the DTA project reference number in your application. Provide a current CV, your transcripts, a two page cover letter explaining why we should select you for your chosen project, and details for two referees.
Potential DTA projects will be launched on this website in early November. The deadline for applications is 22nd January 2016.
We particularly encourage applications from women.
Contact for enquiries
Questions regarding the scheme should be sent to Carolyn Grounsell: firstname.lastname@example.org