Research Scholarships for young researchers
The Hardt Foundation for the Study of Classical Antiquity, in pursuit of its ambition to promote the study and awareness of the culture and civilization of Greco-Roman antiquity, offers young researchers an opportunity to apply for research awards financing stays of between two and four weeks (non-funded extensions of up to eight weeks in total are possible).
The scholarship covers the cost of residence at the Hardt Foundation (single room, full board) as well as a portion of travel expenses. Applications for the months of July and August are not possible.
Areas of research are Greek and Latin language and literature, ancient history, ancient philosophy and ancient law. The aim of the research stay is the publication of articles, books or other written contributions.
- up to 35 years of age at the time of application
- PhD candidate (2nd year, at least) or post-doctoral researcher
Candidates are requested to submit an application including the following documents:
- a curriculum vitæ
- a cover letter (addressed to the Foundation’s Director, Mr. Pierre Ducrey)
- a research proposal
- two letters of recommendation from university professors sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- a copy of identification (passport or identity card)
- for applicants who are not university faculty (full, associate or assistant professor), a description of their career plans
All documents (as one PDF format) are to be uploaded via the online registration system on the Foundation’s website. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The closing dates for the submission of applications and letters of referees are as follows:
- 30th November for stays requested between early February and the end of June
- 30th April for stays requested between early September and the end of November
Decisions on scholarship will be made in the weeks following the closing dates. All applicants will be notified of the results as soon as possible.
At the end of their stay, beneficiaries of scholarships will be required to submit a brief report on their research. They are requested to mention the support of the Hardt Foundation in any publication arising from work undertaken during their stay.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: