- Future international research students
- Current international research students
- Academic performance
- Postgraduate research
- Creative Industries
- Science and Engineering
- Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI)
- Institute for Future Environments
- have a first-class honours (H1) or equivalent. If you're not sure if your qualifications are equivalent to first-class honous, check our guidelines for determining honours equivalence .
- be accepted into a PhD or professional doctorate at QUT.
What you receive
- a living allowance, indexed annually ($25,849 in 2015). The scholarship is tax exempt for full-time students, and is to support living costs for up to 3 years for doctoral students.
International students will also receive an accompanying QUT Higher Degree Research Tuition Fee Sponsorship.
Your scholarship will end when you submit your thesis, or at the end of the award's tenure, whichever comes first.
You can also apply for:
- a $1,520 relocation allowance (domestic students only)
How to apply
Apply for a research course by 30 September and indicate on your application that you want to be considered for a scholarship as part of our annual scholarship round.
You'll be considered for all scholarships you're eligible for.
If you're currently enrolled in a research masters, PhD or professional doctorate at QUT, you must apply online through QUT Virtual during our annual scholarship round between 1 September and 11.59pm on 30 September in any year.
You'll need to include an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your research achievements (i.e. publications).
What happens next
We'll assess applications and make offers in December.
If your application is successful, you'll need to accept the offer within 3 weeks. We expect you to begin your research degree early in the following year.
Read the QUT Postgraduate Research Award rules.
We are building research excellence by supporting students of exceptional research potential with QUT PRAs. The number of QUTPRAs offered varies from year to year. In 2013 over 60 QUTPRA scholarships were awarded.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: