One position as Post-Doctoral Research Fellow is available for 2,5 years at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Molecular Medicine.
The Institute of Basic Medical Sciences consists of departments and units that pursue research and education within basic medical science. The institute has approximately 300 employs and is located in the Domus Medica. The “Vascular Pathophysiology Laboratory; Head Sandip Kanse” conducts research on the role of proteases from the coagulation and fibrinolysis pathways in vascular biology. The focus of this project is to investigate the role of Factor VII activating protease (FSAP) in atherosclerosis.
The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will be working on elucidating the role of FSAP in atherosclerosis using mouse models. Further work will involve characterizing the status of the immune system in transgenic mice as well as molecular interactions between FSAP and leukocytes.
The successful candidate should be familiar with mouse models of atherosclerosis, analysis of leukocytes in the mouse as well as have a background in cell biology and immunology. This should be backed up by publications in the field.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with the personal prerequisites to carry out the project within the given timeframe. The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their discipline. (For more information, please refer to the regulations concerning terms and conditions of employment as post-doctoral research fellow, access the link by visiting the original web page).
Qualifications and Personal Skills
Candidates must have a PhD equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree. Successful candidates must have submitted their doctoral thesis prior to the application closing date. Please also refer to the regulations concerning terms and conditions of employment for the post as post-doctoral research fellow (access the link by visiting the original web page).
- Background in atherosclerosis, immunology and cell biology
- Experience with mouse models of atherosclerosis
- Felasa C or equivalent certification
- PhD in related field
- Excellent command of written and oral English
- Ability to work independently
- Salary ranging from pay grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 486 100 – 563 500)
- Stimulating and attractive work environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
The application must include:
- Application letter describing how she/he fits the description of the person we seek, including a summary of the applicant's scientific work and interests
- CV summarizing education, positions held, details of academic work, pedagogical and administrative experience and other qualifying activities
- List of publications, published abstracts, presentations that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts of records
- Names and contact details of 2-3 referees stating relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number
The application with attachments is to be delivered in our electronic recruiting system EasyCruit. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In assessing applications, particular emphasis will be placed upon the academic and personal ability of the candidate to complete the project within the given timeframe.
Applicants may be called in for an interview.
In accordance with the University of Oslo´s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
The University of Oslo has an agreement regarding acquisition of rights to work results for all employees, with the aim to secure rights to research results, etc.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
How To Apply?
To be considered for the position You have to fill in the online application form available on the original web page.
For more information please click on ""Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: