Pixar Production Management Internship
Pixar offers an exciting internship program geared towards students wanting to pursue a career in production management within the entertainment industry. The internship is intended to give students valuable “hands on” experience and exposure to our unique production environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn from working professionals! Through our 12-week Summer internship, Production Interns will work in collaboration with Mentors to do the following, while gaining valuable experience on a feature film:
- Gain knowledge about the Pixar production process and pipeline
- Provide administrative support to the Production assigned, as directed by a Manager
- Create a supportive, friendly and professional atmosphere in the production office
- Work with the Production Coordinator to assist in the daily operation of the feature film and respond where support is needed
- Support Producers and/or Managers with administrative needs including: office work, photocopying, scanning, phone support, note-taking, database entry, calendar maintenance, research and event planning
To be eligible for an internship at Pixar, you must be in or have completed at least your Junior year of college, be a graduate student, or have graduated within 1 year the internship commences.
- General office skills such as scheduling, handling phone calls, email and customer service
- Flexible nature with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/ activities simultaneously
- Consistency; be able to be the positive face of the production at all times
- Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy (ideally Mac proficiency); photoshop skills preferred
- Strong administrative, detail and follow-up skills
- Positive ‘can do' attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Working knowledge of database management software a plus (Microsoft, Excel, Filemaker Pro)
- Film production background or interest
- Be highly motivated, mature and eager to be part of the Pixar team
- Ability to maintain focus on priorities among multiple assigned tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Must have a car, valid Drivers License, & proof of current automobile insurance.
TERM: Summer 2016 (June-August)
Application Deadline is Tuesday, March 1, 2016. Please make sure to include a cover letter with your resume.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: