The University of Luxembourg (UL) and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) invite applications for up to
9 PhD (Doctoral Candidate) positions (m/f)
- Ref: PRIDE
- PhD programme for 3 years, 40 hours/week (full time)
- Student status
within the newly established Doctoral Training Unit on “Materials for Sensing and Energy Harvesting” in the research fields of Physics and Materials Science. The doctoral programme MASSENA is funded under the framework of the PRIDE scheme of the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR).
The objectives of the research programme are to improve the understanding and the performance of materials used in sensing and energy harvesting. The medium to long term research objective is to enable new applications and improved performance.
The Doctoral Training Unit is organised in four thematic clusters: three application oriented clusters - (A) strain sensors and energy harvesters, (B) electronic sensors and energy harvesters, and (C) bio-sensing - are supported by a transversal cluster on (D) electronic structure theory.
How to Apply
Before proceeding with the submission of your application, please prepare the following documents in English.
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria. The motivation letter must clearly highlight your choice of research project (listed at http://pride-massena.lu). You can list up to three projects with priorities.
- Publication list (if applicable)
- Coordinates of two persons willing to send a letter of recommendation
- Copies of diplomas, transcripts with grades, with English translation
All documents should be uploaded in pdf format. Please note that applications without project or cluster project priorities will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview or interviewed by phone.
The positions will remain opened until filled.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.