The Copenhagen Center for Regulatory Science (CORS), Department of Pharmacy is offering a three-year PhD fellowship in Regulatory Science. Regulatory Science is defined by CORS as “The science of developing new tools, standards and approaches to evaluate the efficacy, safety, quality and performance of medical products in order to assess benefit-risk and facilitate a sound and transparent regulatory decision making.” The PhD fellowship is financed by Ferring Pharmaceuticals. The fellowship is available from 15 November 2016 or the soonest possible thereafter.
The objective of the PhD project is to understand the factors that influence the effectiveness of Direct to Health Professionals Communication (DHPC). In particular the project will address how physicians implement recommendations from authorities on Risk Minimization Initiatives (RMI) of pharmaceuticals in order to reduce adverse effects of specific pharmaceuticals on the market. Methods/ analysis in the project regard: focus group interviews/ semi-structured interviews exploring factors involved in physicians’ use of DHPC in two specific cases of RMI and to conduct rhetorical analyses of the distributed materials in order to assess appropriateness. Specific results and products of the PhD project will be recommendations on how to improve current DHPCs in the area of RMI and development of empirically tested frameworks of the factors involved in RMI implementation.
Associate Professor Susanne Kaae, Department of Pharmacy, University of Copenhagen
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, direct phone: +45 3533 6273.
- Master´s degree in Rhetoric or health-related master such as Pharmacy with additional competencies into Rhetoric - prior to the starting date
- Fluency in Danish and English
- Excellent communication skills
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong background in/experience with the use of rhetorical analyses and documented ability to adopt qualitative methodology (data collection and analysis) quickly. The candidate will preferably have some understanding of or strong interest in the regulation of pharmaceuticals in particular in reducing risks.
Your key tasks as a PhD fellow at the Faculty are to:
- Carry out and complete an independent research project under supervision
- Write scientific articles and the PhD thesis on the grounds of your research project
- Complete PhD courses or other equivalent education corresponding to approx. 30 ECTS points
- Obtain experience with teaching and/or other types of dissemination related to your PhD project
- Participate in the undergraduate teaching of students in pharmaceutical sciences
- Participate in national and international congresses and scientific meetings
- Obtain experience from an external research institution, preferably abroad
Key criteria for the assessment of applicants
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD programme
- Relevant work experience
- Previous publications including relevant master thesis
- Achieved grade point average
- Other professional activities
- Language skills
- Enterprising approach and skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills
The successful applicant will be requested to formally apply for enrolment as a PhD student at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences subject to the rules stipulated in the Ministerial order on the PhD programme at the universities (PhD order) from the Ministry of Science, Innovation, and Higher Education and the guidelines for the PhD programme at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.
The PhD student is expected to be affiliated to the graduate programme in pharmaceutical sciences, Drug Research Academy.
Terms of employment - The position as a PhD fellow is for a 3-year period.
Salary, terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organizations. The position is covered by the Protocol on Job Structure.
Minimum monthly salary is DKK 25,555.59 (taxable) + pension contribution.
- The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below and include:
- Cover letter stating the interest in and qualifications for the project (max. one page)
- Full CV
- Diploma and transcripts of records: Master´s degree diploma (including grade transcripts for bachelor´s and master´s degrees). Applicants with a Master´s degree from abroad should also enclose a short description of the grading scale used
- Publication list, if applicable
- Other information: Possible references and recommendations
Find the online application form in the
The University of Copenhagen wishes to encourage everyone interested in this post to apply, regardless of personal background.
Deadline for applications
1 September 2016. Please note that only online applications will be accepted.
Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
Post application procedure
After the expiry of the deadline, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee.
All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment by an expert assessment committee.
Selected applicants are notified of the Appointment Committee composition and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at employment.ku.dk
The Appointments Committee consists of the supervision group and the Head of Department who is the authorized recruitment manager. The Expert Assessment Committee consists of the principal supervisor.
An answer to the granting of the fellowship can be expected approx. 4 weeks after application deadline.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: