About Orange Tulip Scholarship programme
The Orange Tulip Scholarship China Programme was launched in September 2008. It not only aims to create opportunities for talented Chinese students to study in Holland, but also to improve the competitive position of the Netherlands in international education market of China and to promote the Netherlands as an ideal studying and working destination. With the close cooperation with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Neso China intends to further expand the Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme by involving more sponsors and increasing the number of study programmes. Dutch higher education institutions and companies are encouraged to participate into this programme.
The Orange Tulip Scholarship China programme is open to qualified students both from Mainland China and Hong Kong. As the earliest country to establish this scholarship, more than a hundred Chinese students have been benefited from this initiative. For the upcoming 2016/2017 academic year, 25 Dutch higher education institutions are going to offer 73 scholarships with a total value of € 860,000 to Chinese top talents. It almost covers all fields of studies. You are more than welcome to apply for this valuable opportunity.
Click here(114 kB) to see the sponsor list and specific deadlines.
Click here to see the university programmes which are openning for OTS.
Basic Entry Requirements
In general, students must meet the following basic criteria to apply for the OTS programme:
- You are a citizen of People's Republic of China, including Mainland China and Hong Kong SAR .
- You currently are not studying or working in the Netherlands.
- You are intend to pursue a Bachelor or Master’s degree in a Dutch university (preparatory and exchange programmes are excluded).
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice.
- You are in the process of applying for or already admitted by specific Dutch universities.
General Application Checklist
In order to apply for the OTS programme, applicants have to prepare the following documents and upload them through the OTS Online application System.
- Online application form (all sponsors)
- The proof that the admission process with the Dutch institution has started (all sponsors)
- Curriculum Vitae in English (some sponsors)
- 2 (some are 3) recommendation letters in English with the signature of the writer (some sponsors)
OTS Online Application System
The OTS Online application system for academic year 2016-2017 will be launched at the beginning of December 2015 and be closed on May 1st 2016
Clickto apply now!
General Selection Procedure
- Online application ( students)
- Counseling (Neso China)
- Information collection and delivery to universities ( Neso China)
- Selection and nomination (Sponsors)
- Inform nominees ( Neso China)
- Announce the result (Neso China)
- Awarding ceremony (Neso China)
OTS Annual Awarding Ceremony
The OTS annual awarding ceremony is held in mid June every year. OTS sponsors, scholarship students and their companions, Dutch and Chinese governmental officers, media, education agencies and other partner institutions are invited. Participants witness and celebrate the success of all scholarship awardees together.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: