Operations Management Training Internship Program
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
The Nestlé Operations Management Training (OMT) Internship is a 12-week paid summer internship based in one of twenty-six Nestlé factories throughout the nation. Interns will have the opportunity for alignment within three functional career paths:
This program provides the opportunity for selected college students who have a strong desire to work in a manufacturing environment to gain real world experience and an understanding of the role of Technical & Production at Nestlé. Designed with the full support of executive leadership, this internship will allow interns to be involved in leading substantial projects from start to finish that deliver results on key business opportunities. At the conclusion of the internship, interns will have the opportunity to present their project findings and recommendations to leadership within the factory.
Past Project Examples:
•Production: Evaluate data and determine primary cause of minor stoppages on product lines. Work with factory line teams to implement solutions and reduce stoppages by 25% by creating action items based off of root causes.
•Engineering: Effectuate a successful Kaizen event by organizing factory employees to identify 8 high priority utility losses in all major factory areas in order to drive goal of energy and water conservation.
•Quality: Identify and eliminate problems to reduce holds on product lines by developing and implementing an on-line sensory program, creating an on-line sensory form, working with team leads, and training all line associates.
- Internship may lead to full-time job offer in the full-time OMT Program
- Furnished subsidized housing and relocation for qualified individuals
- Exposure to senior leadership/project presentation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Work in a dynamic and collaborative culture
- Assigned Manager, Buddy and Mentor throughout duration of internship
- Work for an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods
- Volunteer in community service opportunities with a variety of Nestle Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Feeding America, Boys and Girls Club, Keep America Beautiful and Petsforpeople.com)
- Bachelor’s degree to be completed between December 2017 and June 2018
- Majors in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Environmental, Biosystems, etc), Operations Management, or other related disciplines
- Preferred 3.0 or above GPA
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Analytical skills for data tracking and results analysis
- Presentation creation and delivery skills
- Collaborative and able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate exceptional learning capabilities
- Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
-Available for a 12 week internship in summer 2017
- Willing to relocate during 12-week internship to one of Nestlé’s factories across the U.S.
- Willing to work in facilities where food products are manufactured
- Willing to work in facilities where ambient conditions may be extremely cold, wet or warm
-Sponsorship for work visas are not available for this program
To APPLY click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.