Negotiations: Equip yourself with negotiation success in business and politics 6-18 May, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
This Negotiation workshop course provides a theoretical and a practical framework for preparing and carrying out negotiations in different fields of interaction. It examines the processes, rather than the specific substantive issues, of international negotiation and dispute settlement. Its objectives are twofold:
- to strengthen students’ ability to analyze and understand international conflicts and negotiations;
- to improve students negotiating skills.
To achieve best negotiating outcomes one should properly evaluate the situation, get engaged into a negotiation process, devote time to preparation, and develop ability to manage shared and conflicting interests. To reach this goal participants will address numerous challenges that can be faced in various situations, starting from simple social relationship up to business deals and political interactions. The course aims to make you improve your negotiations skills and develop a set of strategies and skills that can be used to deal with difficult people and challenging tactics.
Role simulations will help the participants to apply the strategies, methods and tactics learned during the course in real life situations and be able to turn disputes into deals.
Who is this course for? This course is meant for executives, lawyers, government officials, non-profit leaders, educators and everyone else who wish to improve their ability to listen and communicate and to handle conflicting situations though negotiations. The course starts with basics and does not require any background knowledge of the field. Though previous negotiations experience is not required, participants must demonstrate proficiency in English, as the courses as conducted solely in English and all simulation exercises will be held in English.
What you will gain?
- To understand and evaluate peoples's behavior appropriately,
- To acquiree problem-solving negotiation techniques
- To properly identify stages of negoatitions,
- To be able to get prepared for negotiations,
- Learn negotiations terminology and be able to use it in practice,
- To enhance one's listening skills and techniques and to arrive at formulas,
- To be able to overcoming emotional and rational biases, examine complex negotiation scenarios, and discover a range of competitive and cooperative, integrative negotiation strategies.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.