The McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme has been established to attract outstanding recent doctoral graduates to the University.The Fellowship Scheme aims to recruit new researchers who have the potential to build and lead cross-disciplinary collaborative research activities inside and across faculties.
The objectives of the 2017 program are to attract talented recent doctoral graduates in areas of research priority for the University. They should promote research that aligns with the Research at Melbourne initiative.
- Applicants must have evidence of the award of a PhD from a university other than the University of Melbourne by the closing date. The date of award is considered to be the date of the official notification letter. The PhD must have been awarded no earlier than 1 January 2014.
- The McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended for applicants who do not hold a fixed term or continuing appointment of greater than one year duration at the University of Melbourne.
- Applicants may be drawn from any field in which the University has research strength, and must have an ability to contribute to research collaborations and programs across faculties or disciplines.
- Applicants will be required to provide a declaration of support from the department/school in which they would be located if successful, but the criteria for selection will be university-based.
- Assessment will take account of achievement relative to opportunity.
How to Apply
- Review faculty/school processes
See the table for faculty/school specific processes, which you can find by clicking on the "Further official information" link below. You must ensure that you have completed any additional submission requirements specific to your Faculty/School and that you have an academic contact within your proposed Faculty/School who is willing to support your application. This contact must be listed in your application form.
- Academic contact
Make sure you have an academic contact within your proposed host Faculty/School who is willing to support your application. Your proposed host Faculty/School can advise you as to how best to get in touch with an appropriate academic contact. The academic contact must be listed in Part A2 of the Application Form.
- Review the funding guidelines
Read the McKenzie Fellowship guidelines.
- Complete the eligibility exemption request form
If applicable, complete the eligibility exemption request form and submit to email@example.com by 1 August 2016. Please note: Not all applicants are required to submit an EER. This is only applicable if you do not meet all the eligibility criteria in the Funding Guidelines. Eligible applicants may submit an application without submitting this form.
- Complete the application form and the application checklist
Complete the application form and obtain the relevant signatures for submission.
- Submit the application
Submit your application together with your completed application checklist by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 September 2016.
- Submit written testimonials
Request your referees submit their written testimonials via email to email@example.com by 26 September 2016.
- Each Fellowship will be awarded starting at Academic Level A6 in the University Salary Band (currently $84,458 plus a minimum 9.5% superannuation) with an additional single allocation of $25,000 for project costs over the term of the three-year Fellowship.
- This Program does not provide visa or relocation expenses.
All applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Proposed Research Project
This includes its appropriateness to the area in which it would be located; anticipated project outcomes; and how these will make possible strong opportunities for further external funded fellowships or academic employment.
- Track Record
This includes an evaluation of the research experience and publication record of the applicant relative to opportunity, as well as the relationship between the research proposed and existing research in their discipline.
- Contribution to research renewal and development in the University
This includes how their proposed research will contribute to strategic research directions and broader collaboration and linkages in the University of Melbourne.
To download the application form, please click on the "Further official information" link below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: