English-speaking journalists worldwide can apply for a global journalism program in China.
The School of Journalism and Communication at Tsinghua University offers a master of arts degree in global business journalism designed to bring business journalism in China in line with top international reporting standards. The two-year program is the only business journalism master’s program in China that is taught completely in English. Half of the program’s students are Chinese, the other half are international. A limited number of scholarships are available.
Qualification of Applicants
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree.
1) The completed Foreigner's Application Form for Admission to Graduate Programs of Tsinghua University, signed by the applicant with recent 2-inch photo.
2) Statement of Purpose and resume.
3) The original or the notarial degree certificate or proof of education in academic institution (need to submit original or notarial degree certificate after being awarded) and academic transcript. The degree certificate and academic transcript must be officially sealed.
4) Two academic recommendation letters from scholars of associate professorship or higher. Must show reference’s phone number and email address on the letter.
5) For non-English-speaking students, please provide English level certificates. e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
6) Copy of the page with personal information in the passport (personal and ordinary passport).
7) The completed Application Form for Tsinghua University Scholarship (if applicable, original).
8) Non-refundable application fee: RMB600.
The certificates provided should be the original documents in Chinese or in English, otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. None of the above application documents will be returned.
Step 1: Online Application
Complete Online Application on the website of the Foreign Student Affairs Office, Tsinghua University. Print and sign the Application Form produced by the system after the application status changes to “verified.”
Step 2: Documents Submission
Submit the application documents listed above to the address indicated below by post mail or in person.
Step 3：Application Fee Payment
Two ways to pay application fee:
1 . Pay online using credit card;
2 . Pay in cash at the Foreign Student Affairs Office (Room 120, Zijing Building 22)of Tsinghua University.
First Round： October 1, 2015 -- February 28, 2016
Second Round： March 1, 2016 -- March 20, 2016
Both the Online Application and a complete set of Application documents should be completed and the package should be received by March 20, 2016. If you want to apply scholarships, Please send us all your documents during the first round.
Tuition and Scholarships
Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance: RMB 600/year.
Please visit http://is.tsinghua.edu.cn for more information about scholarships.
ContactMs. Xiaoyu Zhou (English Name: Olivia)Room 302, Omnicom Building,School of Journalism and CommunicationTsinghua University,Beijing 100084, P. R. ChinaTel: +86 10 6279 6842Fax: +86 10 6277 1410E-mail: email@example.com
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: