Malaysian International Scholarship
· The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government's effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
· Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities. This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
GENERAL CONDITION OF AWARD
- Scholarship holder must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities.It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholarship holders must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension, including suspension due to illness.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
· Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
· Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
· Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
· Universiti Malaya (UM)
· Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
· Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
· Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
· Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
· Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
· Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
· Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
· Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
· Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
· Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
· Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
· Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
· Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
· Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
· Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
· Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
· Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
· Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
· Multimedia University (MMU)
· International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
· Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above