The Brenthurst Foundation is inviting applications from young graduates for the Machel-Mandela Fellows Programme, named in honour of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel.
The Machel-Mandela Fellows programme aims to be the most prestigious of its kind in Africa. It helps sharpen the Brenthurst Foundation's focus on Africa's burgeoning youth population and helps nurture Africa's future leaders.
The programme will be available full-time for a minimum of six months and the selected candidate will be expected to take up the appointment in January 2017. The fellow may be from Africa or abroad and will be based at the Brenthurst Foundation's headquarters in Parktown, Johannesburg. Fellows will work directly with and assist the Foundation's staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided. Other work-related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
Please address your application to Ms Leila Jack at jackl(at)eoson.co.za quoting 'Machel-Mandela Fellow' in the subject line.
You will need to send:
- An up-to-date CV with references' details
- A covering letter - no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bear
- A writing sample - this can be any piece of work, for example an essay or a published article, of any length.
- The earliest date you would be able to start
- Details of where you saw the programme advertised
The deadline for applications is 15 October 2016. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 4 November 2016 please assume your application to be unsuccessful.