The Walraven scholarship is available for excellent, non-Dutch master's students. The scholarships are intended for students who have a bachelor's degree in astronomy or physics, and wish to obtain their master's (MSc) degree in Astronomy and Instrumentation at Leiden University. Successful candidates must be of outstanding academic merit and in need of financial support.
- February 1 (for students planning to start in September)
- Target group
- Countries/ nationalities
- The Walraven scholarship is only available to non-Dutch students
- Scholarship type
- Study, Research
You must be a student with a bachelor's degree (BSc or equivalent) in astronomy or physics with a desire to obtain your master's (MSc) degree in Astronomy and Instrumentation at Leiden University.
- You must be a student with a non-Dutch nationality
- You must have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in astronomy or physics
- Your previous study results should be of outstanding academic merit
- You have no other financial support (e.g. scholarships, grants) for your master's study
- During your Astronomy master's studies you must pay the statutory home tuition fee to Leiden University.
- If you stop your Astronomy master's studies for whatever reason, you have to inform the Education Office Astronomy as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You cannot be awarded a Walraven scholarship if you are a student with the Dutch nationality.
- You cannot combine the Walraven scholarship with other forms of financial support for your master's study.
The Walraven scholarship is for one year, with conditional renewal for a second year upon successful completion of the first year. For a full scholarship the tuition fee for the Astronomy Research master's programme will be reduced to the amount of the home fee and you will receive an allowance of up to €11,000 per year for living costs. Partial scholarships may also be awarded. The Walraven scholarship is paid as a monthly allowance. If you stop your Astronomy master's studies for whatever reason, the Walraven scholarship payments will be stopped directly.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: