Key Challenges and Opportunities in Managing Software Implementations,
18 February - March 2, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
This course takes stock of the global trends in IT sector looking into the key challenges in software project management and business development. It recommends the best practices in delivering impact through software. The course targets the IT practitioners on various levels from executives to project managers and marketing specialists. The course in particular analyzes the prospects and opportunities for Armenian companies to become global suppliers of high-quality software and knowledge solutions as opposed to offering cheap labor force for IT outsourcing.
In this course you will:
- Learn how to overcome some of the key challenges in software project management
- Improve your skills in customer relationship management, negotiation and sales
- Make yourself aware of the international markets and trends
- Discover opportunities for your business/project to become a global supplier
- Explore new sectors of knowledge economies in high demand of IT solutions
Schedule: 3 times a week, 2 hours per session, meeting Tu, Th, Sa, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Duration: 2 weeks, 12 hours
Start Date: Feb 18
End Date: Mar 2
Fee: 54,000 AMD
About the instructor: Dr. David Kocharov is an international expert on applying large-scale information technology solutions for the governments, the private sector, NGOs, and international organizations. He has been providing consulting services for USAID, UNDP, the World Bank, ADB, MCC, GIZ, DfID and other organizations implementing software solutions for project portfolio management, monitoring and evaluation, public financial management, social protection, justice, development effectiveness, governance and public administration in over 40 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East, the Pacific, and the US.
David is the Director of Business Development with Synergy International Systems www.synisys.com and supervises Synergy’s Monitoring & Evaluation portfolio. He also teaches Software Project Management in the American University of Armenia. David holds a PhD in Technical Sciences and a Master’s in Mathematics and Computer Science.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.