Keio Academy of New York US-Japan Summer Cultural Experience Paid Internship
We are now accepting internship applications for our 2016 US-Japan Summer Cultural Experience. This will be our 9th year conducting the program!
Working in our Japanese-English bilingual and bicultural environment is a tremendously unique experience. It is a perfect opportunity for those wishing to study the Japanese language and Japanese culture or aspiring to work in Japan in the future as well as for undergraduate and graduate students who are themselves Japanese-English bilinguals. We have worked with over 100 interns over the previous eight years. The experience gained via our unique program have helped place them in jobs throughout Japan including teaching positions with the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural setting
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced program environment
- For non-native speakers of Japanese- at least two years of college-level Japanese language or cultural studies strongly preferred
- Status as an undergraduate or a graduate student in an education, international studies, intercultural communication, or related program preferred
- Willingness to engage in recreational activities with participants when off-duty
- Willingness to learn the operational and administrative undertakings required of a residential educational institution
- Experience in working with youth and/or experience in living/studying/working in another country in a cross-cultural environment preferred
- Prior high school or college residential life experience a plus
- Media arts or digital technology related experience helpful
- Ensure program participants’ health, safety, hygiene, discipline, positive group dynamic, and social adjustment, working under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant Director
- Assist program staff in guiding participants through a daily schedule of activities
- Assist with administrative tasks as assigned
- If bilingual, be an interpreter for the participants, their parents, faculty, staff members, and others as needed
How to Apply
Send a one-page cover letter written in English and a one-page resume (this MUST include the phone number and e-mail address of the applicant as well as the contact information of at least one academic reference) to the Keio Academy of New York Summer Program Office at email@example.com. Please address your email to the Summer Program Director. You must write “Internship Position” in the subject line of the e-mail. All documents must be in PDF file format.
Any application without “Internship Position” written in the subject line, missing a cover letter or academic reference information, or not in the proper format will not be considered.
Wednesday May 11, 2016 (*) or until all positions are filled.
(*) We will review the applications on a first-come, first-served basis. Positions may therefore be filled before this deadline.
If you have any questions, please email the Keio Academy of New York Summer Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: