Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program Japanese Nationals’ Program
The call for applications is now open for scholarships for Japanese professionals either admitted to, or currently enrolled in, a master’s or PhD program outside of Japan in an area of study related to development. Please note MBAs and LLMs are not accepted areas of study. The scholarship is targeted at professionals building their careers in international development organizations. This scholarship covers no more than two years and includes tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare and medical insurance.
Deadlines for applications
The completed application form must be submitted online byMarch 10, 2016, and the required documents must be mailed in hardcopy with a postmark date of March 20, 2016 to the World Bank.
- Review the requirements listed above to determine if you are eligible for a scholarship
- Read the Application Guidelines and FAQs posted below. Please note we will be accepting applications only in English.
- APPLY ONLINE HERE to create an application.
Inquiries: Inquiries on matters not explained in the documentation above regarding JJWBGSP or the application process can be sent to: email@example.com
The process of selecting the scholars from the pool of eligible applications is described in the Application Guidelines posted above.
The Joint Japan / World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) scholarship is fully funded by the Government of Japan and provides for the recipient only the following benefits:
- economy class air travel from your country of residence to the host university at the start of your study program.
- economy class air travel immediately following the end of the scholarship period to Japan or to a developing country where you can document secured employment.
- tuition for up to years for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university. Please note, the scholarship cannot fund tuition for graduate studies conducted prior to awarded scholarship period. a monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books, while you are studying at the preferred masters program. The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application(s) costs;
- expenses to bring and/or support a scholar's family members;
- extra-curricular courses or training;
- language training not provided by the graduate program;
- additional travel during the course of the study program;
- expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; and
- educational equipment such as computers.
Note: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship may only supplement, and does not duplicate, any other source of financial support/fellowship you might have. If selected as a finalist or if you are awarded a scholarship, you must inform the J/WBGSP if you have other sources of scholarship funds. The JJ/WBGSP stipend may be withdrawn completely or partially if during the scholarship period the Program has evidence of additional sources of support.