Company: American University of Armenia (AUA)
Position: TOEFL Instructor
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Vanadzor, Armenia
- To teach the course according to the curriculum.
- To develop syllabi and course plans for students and hold regular class/office hours as appropriate for the teaching load.
- To give homework assignments, grade them and return them to students on a regular basis.
- To schedule a reasonable number of office hours after reporting the final course grades to allow students an opportunity to discuss their final examination.
- To work with other professors to share their teaching, research, and school-citizenship methods for enhancing effectiveness.
- To ensure that all quizzes, tests, papers, and final exams are graded and returned to students in a timely manner to provide feedback on their work.
- To perform other related duties as assigned.
- To find, implement, and share new instructional strategies
- To carefully link learning objectives and activities
- To monitor and to assess student progress
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor(s).
- Undergraduate Degree/University Diploma in a relevant field.
- Relevant work experience of 1 year and more.
- Strong written/oral communication skills in English, Armenian.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “TOEFL Instructor”. Applications must be received by September 15, 2017 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution