Company: American University of Armenia (AUA)
Position: Math Instructor
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Gyumri, Armenia
- To have an extensive knowledge in mathematics.
- To confidently explain concepts and process to students.
- To keep up with best practices in math education and incorporate them into the instruction.
- To be equipped with multiple ways to solve problems and use alternate strategies to help students grasp difficult concepts.
- To adept at structuring the classroom environment to facilitate learning.
- To have high skills in planning effective classroom instructions.
- To be proficient in preparing effective and appropriate lesson plans.
- To make engaging lessons that develop student critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- To assess student progress regularly.
- To have excellent grasp over advanced mathematical concepts.
- To own proven ability to effectively present educational materials to students on different grade levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor(s).
- Undergraduate Degree/University Diploma in a relevant field.
- Relevant work experience of 3 years and more.
- Good written/oral communication skills in English, Armenian.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Math Instructor”. Applications must be received by September 15, 2017 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution