As a result of its significant growth and expanded activities, NAASR is seeking an Executive Director to help ensure the 60-year-old association's long-term efforts to meet the challenges of advancing Armenian Studies. Executive Director functions have long been shared among NAASR's Executive Committee, Board, and esteemed Director of Academic Affairs Marc Mamigonian, and the Executive Director will work to fulfill NAASR's mission in collaboration with them and to serve NAASR's membership nationally and internationally as the association continues to evolve.
Founded in 1955, NAASR is the only nationwide organization dedicated to the advancement of Armenian studies and culture through America's foremost institutions of higher education and through a multifaceted program in support of research, scholarship, public programs, and publications. NAASR is a 501(c)(3) organization with a membership structure, and a budget of less than $400,000. Please visit www.naasr.org for more information.
NAASR seeks a dynamic Executive Director who will be primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of NAASR within budgeted parameters, including implementing and supervising in a collaborative working style current and new programs, securing funding from private and public sources, establishing and expanding relationships with donors and the community, hiring and supervising NAASR staff members, preparing financial reports and budgets, conducting outreach to the public (through the website, social media, reports, and electronic publications), developing and maintaining financial organizational stability, and expanding NAASR membership and affiliates nationally and internationally. The Executive Director is also expected to work in conjunction with the Director of Academic Affairs and in partnership with the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee to achieve organizational goals and generate a long-term vision for the organization. The Executive Director reports to the NAASR Chairman, Executive Committee and Board, and works in Belmont, MA.
* General Management, Administration and Supervision of Staff
* Fundraising, Development, Donor Cultivation, and Membership Expansion
* Fiscal and Financial Management
* Personnel Hiring, Evaluation and Termination
* External Relations, Communications and Social Media
* Undergraduate degree
* Commitment to NAASR's mission, with strategic thinking and visionary skills
* Minimum four years leadership experience in non-profit management with the ability to manage day-to-day operations, work collaboratively with a board and staff, and ensure financial stability and professional integrity
* Track record of successful relationships with donors, foundations, and corporate funders
* Successful experience in writing grant proposals, cultivating individual donors, working on planned giving, and managing events
* Experience in financial management, budgeting, assessing financial projections for NAASR's long-term viability, and ability to work with existing resources and develop new ones
* Extraordinary leadership and interpersonal skills to attract, retain and develop talented and committed staff and volunteers, motivate staff and bring diverse people together
* Ability to direct activities in a collaborative style, consistent with NAASR's priorities and mission
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to serve, along with the Director of Academic Affairs, as the public face of the organization, and to be able to engage audiences of varying backgrounds on NAASR's mission
* Knowledge of Armenian issues and organizations, and experience working with Armenian communities
* Strong analytic skills and ability to implement short- and long-term priorities of the organization
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team with staff, Board and Executive Committee, and ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized and timely manner
* Ability to evaluate financial projections to secure long-term viability of NAASR
* Computer literacy in Word, Excel, database software, and ability to learn skills to update NAASR website
* Availability to attend evening and weekend programs, meetings and events and promptly reachable via email and other means for urgent matters
* Some Armenian language skills
* Masters Degree or Business Degree in Non-profit Management, or Fundraising Certification, or similar qualifications
NAASR is conducting a nationwide search for candidates who meet the qualification requirements and have the capabilities to satisfy the job description. To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary requirements, and names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The position is located in Belmont, MA.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received no later than September 30, 2015, by 5:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time. The application process may remain open beyond that date until the position is filled.