Circulation Desk Assistant
Application deadline: 5:45 pm; October 16, 2016
Company: American University of Armenia (AUA), Papazian Library
Position: Circulation Desk Assistant
Contract type: FT (Wednesday-Sunday from 12:15-21:00)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
- Perform regular Circulation routines:
check in/out, renews, put hold on the requested library materials,
collect and record overdue fines and fees.
- Manage the handouts and reserved materials for students.
- Maintain keys for study rooms and sign up sheets.
- Assist work-study student with re-shelving of used materials.
- Handle emergency situations created by the security system.
- Open and close the library at appointed hours.
- Provide minor service of photocopy.
- Answer the telephone.
- Register new patrons:
inform patrons about the library policies,
check the accuracy of filled registration forms,
issue library card to new patrons immediately.
- Assist patrons in providing information, selecting materials, using computer catalog.
- Organize library tour for new patrons.
- Carrie out the responsibilities of the Reference Librarian in his/her absence.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree.
- Fluency in English, Armenian, and Russian.
- Computer skills (MS Office).
How to apply:
Please submit a brief cover letter and CV by pressing APPLY ONLINE bellow this announcement. In the CV please specify contact information of three references. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution