Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships
The scholarships are available for Ph.D. study in India to the following categories of students:
- Indian Nationals
- Nationals of other Asian countries
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION/SUBJECT
A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
At the time of making the application for scholarship, a candidate should
- Hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level,
- Already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
- Not be above 35 years of age,
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
Upto 2 years.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR BOTH THE CATEGORIES
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee - Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs.15,000 per annum
What you need to apply for a JNMF scholarship
Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011 during April and May. The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
The Selection Committee's decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
1) A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
2) A synopsis of around 1500 words or about 4 pages in double space.
3) Doctoral Monitoring Committee or Supervisor"s report.
4) Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
5) Ph.D registration certificate.
The application form for scholarships for doctoral studies is available. Click here to download.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: