About the scholarship
A number of partial scholarships are available from the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme, which will be awarded to applicants with a very good academic track record.
The ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme is available for excellent students applying for one of the following ITC Master’s programmes:
- Master’s Geo-information Science and Earth Observation (18-month face-to-face)
- Blended Master’s Geo-information Science and Earth Observation (16-month face-to-face part only)
- Master’s Spatial Engineering (2 years).
Application for the ITC Excellence Scholarship programme is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Before applying for the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme you first should apply for the ITC master’s programmes through our on-line application system to become academically accepted.
Additional requirements for the application for the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme include:
- Residing in and being a national of a country listed on the OECD approved List of Recipients of Official Development Assistance
- Having completed the Bachelor’s degree from a well-acknowledged university outside the Netherlands
- Academic performance among the top 10%
- English: IELTS 6.5
- Relevant background for the intended field of study
- Not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
How can you apply?
First, you must have applied for the ITC course of your interest through the on-line application system and have received an academic acceptance letter.
If subsequently you are interested to apply to the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme, you will have to send the completed application form (See in the "Further official information" link below this announcement)
After receipt of your application, the additional information will be reviewed. ITC will acknowledge receipt of your application. If it is evident that you do not fulfill the minimum requirements for the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme, you will be notified immediately.
After the dates of the deadline a committee will make the final selection. The selection results will be announced within three weeks of the deadline.
The candidates who will be offered a scholarship will be asked to make further arrangements to cover all remaining fees and costs in full before the payment deadline (two months before the course starts).
Each Master’s programme has two selection moments and two corresponding deadlines. Applying before the first deadline allows earlier notification and more time to ensure timely payment of the own contribution.
For more information click "Further official information" below.