Italian Language and Culture, 13 March - 7 June, 2017
AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
This course is designed for absolute beginners who are interested in learning the Italian language and culture. During the course the first language use is minimized, thus both Armenians and foreigners are welcome.
About the course
- It is challenging, interactive and fun
- To make progress is the highest priority
- The methods are communicative and interactive
- The course books are published in Italy
- A wide range of authentic materials are used (audiovisual materials, songs, films, etc.)
- An opportunity to feel the “real” Italian lifestyle ( a cooking class, cultural events, an aperitivo and much more)
In this course you will
- Speak Italian from the first day
- Acquire the main elements of the pronunciation and grammar
- Learn the basic structures in Italian
- Manage daily and necessary communications
- Acquire sociocultural knowledge about Italy and Italians (art, food, design, music, etc.)
Dates: March 13 – June 7
Schedule: Mondays and Wednesdays, 18:30–20:00
Course duration: 3 months
Course Fee: AMD 62,000 for the entire course
About the Instructor: Ani Vardanyan is a lecturer of the Italian language of Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences. She earned her first degree in English and Italian languages from the same University and holds a BA from the University of Bologna and Master in teaching Italian language to foreigners from the University of Perugia. Ani completed numerous University programs and teacher trainings organized by the University of Venice, Perugia, NY and St. Petersburg Institute of Linguistics, Cognition and Cuture, ECML, etc.) She has an extensive experience in teaching and translating, and has designed and launched Italian language courses in different educational institutions. She is a member of a network by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Italy which aims to foster the cooperation between the two countries.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.