Our scholarship schemes (1-7) have specific eligibility criteria which are also set out above and on our web
pages. The criteria below apply to all scholarship applicants for these schemes.
- All applicants must be eligible to pay the international fee. Applicants who are eligible for the Home (UK) or Home (EU) or ‘Islands Students’ status are not eligible for these schemes. In the case that an awardee is re-classified as non-international fee payer s/he is no longer eligible for these awards and the University reserves the right to re-consider the award.
- Note that for all schemes Postgraduate PhD, Certificate, Diploma and CPD programmes are not eligible.
PhD programmes with an MRes are also excluded (e.g. Integrated PhD, MRes/PhD). All part time and
distance learning programmes are also excluded.
- All applicants need to have formally accepted an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) on a
Taught Postgraduate Masters Programme 2017-2018 at the time of making an application for a
scholarship. ‘Formally accepted’ means that the decision is logged on the University (SAMIS) application
- If a scholarship is awarded to a conditional offer holder, then any scholarship will also be conditional on
the student achieving the conditions of entry.
- Applicants must submit the completed online scholarships application form by 12:00 noon (GMT+1) on Thursday 1 st June 2017. In the case of multiple applications from the same candidate, only the earliest application by date will be considered.
It is the University’s responsibility to identify potential award recipients on the basis of these criteria but the University cannot be responsible for any errors or omissions in the information supplied to it and on which eligibility decisions are based. The University’s decision on the interpretation of eligibility criteria is final and there is no right of appeal. You must comply with all requests for additional information to establish your eligibility within the timeframes specified and you must submit any evidence requested by the stated deadline.
- All Postgraduate PhD, Certificate, Diploma and CPD programmes are not eligible for this scheme.
- Part time and distance learning programmes are also excluded.
- MRes programmes are included where specified.
- MA Contemporary European Studies ('Euromasters' and 'Euromasters with Trans-Atlantic track').
Scholarship awards (from Scheme 1 and Scheme 3 only) for this 24 month programme will additionally continue for the second year of study.
Note: Students who are applying for and subsequently register as a research student and the intended programme outcome is for a PhD are excluded from both schemes.