About the program
This call is specifically addressed to fellows holding a doctorate degree delivered by a non-French institution. Candidates promoting an original and innovative research project in one of the scientific priorities of IdEx Bordeaux will be considered with particular attention.
- Applicants should hold a doctorate awarded by a non-French institution and be in an incoming mobility situation (not having resided in France for more than 12 months in the last 3 years). Fellows should not hold or have previously held a research position in Bordeaux area.
- The doctoral degree should have been awarded between 4 years before the end of the present call (+1 year per maternity/paternity leave with a maximum of 2 years), and not later than 3 months after the end of the call.
- Applicants must promote their own research project to be carried in the laboratory of their choice for a maximum period of two years.
- Applicants must be supported by a local researcher and by his/her laboratory.
The funding includes a maximum two-year post-doctoral contract (one-year contract that may be renewed once), and a contribution to project-related fees (travel, consumables, etc.).
Proposals must be submitted electronically via the web-based application page on our portal. All requested documents must be provided in order to validate your applications (refer to the Applicant guide for details).
Please note that because the evaluation process will involve international reviewers, all documents must be written in English.
In order to prepare your application, please follow these steps:
- Identify the proper local scientific environment for your project.
- Obtain the agreement of a local laboratory.
- Prepare your application by downloading Documents A and B from our website.
- Once all the requested documents are completed, go to the application page and fill the application form.
- Attach the following documents:
- the Administrative application form, or Document A;
- the Project proposal, or Document B;
- a short CV with a list of a maximum of 3 referees;
- a major achievements track-record, max. 2 pages. (list of major publications, patents and other important scientific communications and awards);
- a signed letter of support from the local mentor;
- a signed letter of support from the director of the host laboratory;
- a cover letter (in PDF format);
- signed letters from the referees mentioned in your CV;
- a copy of your PhD certificate or other official document attesting that the candidate hold a doctoral degree.
The selection is done by a dedicated panel, including external personalities and authoritative researchers from the site, on the basis of evaluation reports writen by external reviewers.
External reviewers will evaluate each proposal. Each reviewer will be provided with the same framework and clear instructions for performing the marking:
- Excellence of the candidate, evaluated on two criteria:
- Research experience and scientific production including patents, publications...
- Consistency of the candidate's profile with the research project (scientific background and experience in the field)
- Research project, evaluated on two criteria:
- Scientific/technological quality and innovative nature of the project
- Structure of the project (precise definition of expected outputs, selected methods, setting of milestones)
- September 26th 2016: opening of the application process.
- November 27th 2016: deadline for applications.
- December 9th 2016: eligibility evaluation.
- April 2017: publication of results.
- From July 2017 to December 31st 2017: beginning of the post-doctoral contracts.
To APPLY ONLINE click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: