Doctoral research scholarship (FSR) In Political Science – International relations
We are looking for a promising post-graduate student interested in undertaking a PhD in the framework of a research project focused on the role of the European Union in the management of the multidimensional Syrian refugee crisis. The PhD scholarship is awarded for two years, renewable once under certain conditions. The research will take place under the supervision of Professor Elena Aoun, mostly on the Mons campus of the UCL. Deadline for submission: 30 September 2017 (midnight, Belgian time) Beginning of the scholarship: no later than December 2017
- Master degree in Political Science, International relations, European Studies or equivalent degree achieved:
- With honours (equivalent of the ‘distinction’ in Belgium) and a Master dissertation that has been graded at least 16/20
- And completed no later than September 2017
- A good knowledge of the European Union and its foreign policy
- A fair knowledge of Euro-Mediterranean dynamics and of the Middle-East / Levant region would be an asset
- Perfect command of French OR English, and a good command of the other language
- A passive knowledge of Arabic would be a great asset
- A field experience would also be a valuable asset.
- The candidate must demonstrate her or his interest for research in all its theoretical, methodological and empirical dimensions
- The candidate is willing to complete a PhD dissertation on the aforementioned topic and to publish related research
- Ability and motivation to work in the framework of a research team and to contribute through the participation to and organization of scientific activities and events
- Communication skills
- Initiative and sense of responsibilities
- Solidarity and team spirit
- Willingness to travel for both field research and dissemination in international fora and conferences.
The application must include:
- A motivation letter
- A detailed CV
- The transcripts for each academic year (showing taken courses and corresponding grades)
- Two letters of recommendation by two professors who can attest to the level of the candidate and his/her inclination for research
- An electronic copy of the Master thesis
- Another research paper submitted in another language than the one used for the Master thesis and that demonstrates the analytical and linguistic skills of the candidate (i.e. if the Master thesis is in English, the research paper must be in French, or vice versa).
Applications must be submitted in two PDF files to the following email address: email@example.com
- The first file will comprise elements 1 to 4 mentioned above
- The second file will comprise elements 5 and 6 mentioned above. For any additional information regarding the project and/or the desired profile, please contact Professor Elena Aoun at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: