Doctoral research scholarship (FSR) In Political Science – International relations
We are looking for a promising post-graduate student interested in undertaking a PhD in the framework of a research project focused on the role of the European Union in the management of the multidimensional Syrian refugee crisis. The PhD scholarship is awarded for two years, renewable once under certain conditions. The research will take place under the supervision of Professor Elena Aoun, mostly on the Mons campus of the UCL. Deadline for submission: 30 September 2017 (midnight, Belgian time) Beginning of the scholarship: no later than December 2017
- Master degree in Political Science, International relations, European Studies or equivalent degree achieved:
- With honours (equivalent of the ‘distinction’ in Belgium) and a Master dissertation that has been graded at least 16/20
- And completed no later than September 2017
- A good knowledge of the European Union and its foreign policy
- A fair knowledge of Euro-Mediterranean dynamics and of the Middle-East / Levant region would be an asset
- Perfect command of French OR English, and a good command of the other language
- A passive knowledge of Arabic would be a great asset
- A field experience would also be a valuable asset.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.