Intern, Governance & Programme Office
The European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to promote climate and energy policies that greatly reduce Europe’s greenhouse gas emissions and to help Europe play a stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change. The ECF is funded by major multi-year commitments from donors in Europe and the United States. The ECF is part of the international ClimateWorks Network that shares goals, strategies and resources to address the global challenge of climate change mitigation with a global network of aligned organizations.
The ECF team is a highly dynamic group of individuals, combining ambition and passion with a rigorous, results-oriented and analytic approach to work. The ECF’s culture is one of intensity, enthusiasm and mutual support.
The Intern Governance & Programme Office will be reporting to the Senior Associate for Governance.
The governance cluster is focused on the governance of the EU’s 2030 policy framework and of the Energy Union.
The Programme Office aims to provide coordination between the sectoral programmes and cross-cutting initiatives (“clusters”), to ensure development and execution of a coherent strategy, and to alert senior management to programmatic gaps in the coverage of the EU policy debate.
Duties and responsibilities
The intern would primarily support the activities of the Governance cluster and, as needed, the Programme Office. The role involves:
- Analysis and research on EU law and governance on a wide range of matters relating to climate and energy policy
- Administrative work related to grant making (using Fluxx and PARL, the organisation’s internal grant management systems)
- Monitoring EU climate and energy policy, particularly relating to governance and law, and reporting on new developments
- Monitoring, attending and reporting on events in Brussels relevant to the work of the organisation
- Research tasks related to diverse topics on EU climate and energy policy, as needed
- Helping with the organisation and setting up of meetings and events
- Creating and circulating a monthly newsletter with campaign updates and an overview of recent climate and energy related publications
- In a rotation scheme with other interns, providing Daily News updates to all staff.
Key competencies and characteristics
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attitudes:
- Relevant work experience or academic background in the fields of law, energy, climate, environment or public policy;
- Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of the European Climate Foundation;
- An understanding of and interest in EU climate and energy policies will be particularly valued;
- Superior written and verbal English skills;
- Foreign languages an asset;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience working in an international team environment
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver;
- Strong administrative and computer skills (PowerPoint, Microsoft, Excel);
- Experience with Mac is an asset.
Location: Brussels or London
Start date: As soon as possible
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to: SMO-interngpo@Europeanclimate.org. Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for Belgium or the UK in case applicable. Telephone calls will not be forwarded to the recruitment team. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, due to the high number of applications.
Application deadline: 6 September 2015
For more information on the ECF, please visit www.europeanclimate.org
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: