If you are applying for admission to IISc
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a Ph.D. or M.Sc.(Engg) degree programme at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). IISc is happy to announce that fellowships will be awarded to the most promising students who are selected for admission to one of these programmes. Further details are given below.
Basic eligibility criteria
Only those who are NOT citizens of India and are NOT persons of Indian origin are eligible to apply for admission through this mechanism. Indian citizens i.e. those holding an Indian passport (whether residing in India or abroad) need to apply through the the regular admission process. Similarly, persons of Indian origin holding non-Indian passports can apply for admission through the regular process of admission for Indian citizens provided they hold an Overseas Citizenship of India as per section 7B(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955. In addition, they need to satisfy all the eligibility criteria for admission prescribed for Indian citizens.
Foreign students are eligible to apply only for a Ph.D. programme or an M.Sc.(Engg) programme. They are NOT eligible to apply for an integrated Ph.D. programme, ME/MTech programme, the undergraduate programme etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Individual Programmes
- For Ph.D. programme: A Masters degree or a four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline. Departments offering a Ph.D. programme and their respective eligibility criteria are listed inthis page.
- For M.Sc.(Engineering) programme: A four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline. Departments offering a M.Sc.(Engg.) programme and their respective eligibility criteria are listed in this page.
- Complete the online application form
Required supporting documents
- Transcripts, degree certificate (if available) and three recommendation letters from persons familiar with the academic credentials of the candidate.
- Optional (to be reported if available): GRE scores.
- Each applicant can select a maximum of 3 Departments/Centres.
- There is no application fee.
- For any questions, contact email@example.com
Applications must be submitted online before February 4, 2016.
After ensuring completeness of your application form, International Relations Cell (IRC) will forward it to the appropriate Departments/Centres.
If a Department shortlists you, a Departmental Committee will interview you using the web or the telephone.
If you are selected for a programme at the IISc, IRC will mail admission offer letters by end of April, 2016.
You are required to join the Institute by August 1, 2016 after completing all the necessary formalities.
If you are selected, you will be offered hostel accommodation and a fellowship by IISc. The fellowship amount will be equal to that offered to Indian students. This fellowship is usually adequate to pay tuition fees, hostel and mess fees and cover your living expenses.
If you have already secured admission to IISc
If you have already secured admission to IISc, information regarding pre-arrival formalities etc can be found here.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: