IASA’s National Member Organizations Young Scientists Summer Program
Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. From June through August accepted participants work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff. Funding is provided through IIASA's National Member Organizations.
What to expect from the program
The Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) provides a unique opportunity to:
- advance your research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist
- broaden your research interests by working in IIASA’s interdisciplinary and international research environment;
- build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during your future career
- produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article
Who should apply?
- you are an advanced graduate student (about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD)
- your field is compatible with ongoing research at IIASA
- your would like to explore the policy implications of your work
- applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
How to apply?
Registration for the 2016 program is open now. Closing date is January 11, 2016. Only complete applications received before 24.00 (CET) on January 11, 2016 will be considered.Candidates will be informed about acceptance of their applications by March 11, 2016.
Until this day, 1772 YSSPers from 85 countries have participated in the program.