Human Resource Management, February 4-25, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
by Dr. Arpie G. Balian
This course is designed as an overview of the Human Resource Management (HRM) function and the HR manager’s role in managing the employee career cycle from entry to exit. It acquaints participants with the authority, responsibility, functions, and problems of human resource management. Topics include, but are not limited to: defining human resource management; contemporary issues in HRM: competency job analysis techniques; job design; succession planning; conducting competency-based recruiting, interviewing, and selecting employees; competency iceberg model; performance management and appraisal systems; employee training and development: disciplinary action and employee rights.
Target audience: This training course is designed to provide Human Resource professionals as well as directors and managers of corporate businesses, international and local organizations and NGOs with a comprehensive understanding of Human Resources Strategic Management. Participants will sharpen the skills to attract highly qualified professional workforce, implement strategic planning of human resources needs, as well as planning for increasing employee motivation and coaching for the personal development of staff. It provides practical tools, techniques, strategies and best practices adapted to the local employment/labor culture and environment.
Start date: February 4, 2017
End date: February 25, 2017
Duration: 24 hours over 4 weeks
Schedule: Saturdays, 10:00-16:00
Fee: AMD 105,000 (VAT inclusive)
Language of instruction: English
About the instructor: Arpie G. Balian holds a business degree from the American University of Beirut, a Master’s in Executive Leadership from the American University, Washington D.C., and a doctorate from the University of Southern California in Planning, Policy, and Development. She has held leadership positions in the U.S. government for over 15 years. She has also taught courses in strategic planning, performance management, and other performance-related courses in the U.S. government as well as in several institutes and universities both in the U.S. and in Armenia. She has conducted over 100 workshops in Argentina, Europe, North America, and the Middle East. Dr. Balian has extensive experience in applications of modern concepts of HR management.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.