Hector Fellow Academy PhD Positions, Germany
The Hector Fellow Academy offers young scientists from Germany and all over the world the opportunity to work on innovative research projects supervised by excellent professors in natural sciences and engineering.
The Hector Fellow Academy funds several doctoral research positions under the supervision of the Hector Fellows - http://www.hector-fellow-academy.de/en/hector-fellows.html every year. Ambitious holders of a master's degree from all over the world may apply for these positions by submitting an innovative self-developed research proposal. Successful candidates are employed by the institute of their supervising Hector Fellow for three years to investigate their research idea. In addition to their salaried position, Hector Fellow Academy doctoral students receive 15,000 € per year for material expenses.
Master's degree holders from all over the world may apply for the PhD positions offered by the Hector Fellow Academy. The key element of the application is a proposal of a self-developed research project, which they will investigate during the three years of their PhD phase at the institute of the supervising Hector Fellow.
- Submission of a self-developed innovative research proposal relating to the research field of one of the Hector Fellows.
- A very good Master’s degree.
- Very good English language proficiency.
- Willingness to move to the location of the university of the supervising Hector Fellow.
- Furthermore, candidates may not have worked as student assistants with the Hector Fellow and their master's thesis must have been supervised by a person other than the selected Hector Fellow.
Students interested in the PhD positions funded by the Hector Fellow Academy may apply via the application portal - https://applicationportal.hector-fellow-academy.com/ during the application phase.
The application documents should include
- Proposal of your PhD project (3,000 – 6,000 characters incl. spaces) and an abstract (max. 1,500 characters incl. spaces).
- Short project schedule/timetable.
- Name of the Hector Fellow - http://www.hector-fellow-academy.de/en/hector-fellows.html to supervise the PhD thesis.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Summary of Master's thesis (max. 2,000 characters incl. spaces).
- Copy of degree certificates.
- Copy of transcripts of records.
- Ranking of graduates (for students of Non-German universities), i.e., study performance in relation to fellow students.
- Two letters of recommendation by university staff.
- Application photo.
- Optionally, English language proficiency test certificate.
After the application deadline, the administration office of the Hector Fellow Academy will check the application documents and send them to the corresponding Hector Fellow. The Hector Fellows will then arrange interviews with the most qualified candidates.
The candidates will be evaluated according to their academic grades, the feasibility and maturity of their research proposal, and the fitting of the chosen topic to the research field of the preferred Hector Fellow.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: